No Chance of Round Two

Seven isn't as lucky as anticipated
The amount of time it takes to move to a substantial place
Even then I knew we were better together than me alone
My battle was plain; my struggle was not being good enough
But so quickly you eased my troubled heart and said I was
Only approving my prospect

This time I tried
Went ahead with hesitation but conquered my doubting mind
Placed in a position of believing again
Trusting in the possibility of what you came to grips with
Making sure we were both on the one hundredth page
However, subjects were removed from discussions
And just like that, we also became removed
When fear finds a way to nestle into the subconscious

A fearful spirit can't be moved without faith
Compromising is a task without knowing the true reason
Guess I broke your heart too severely to return
Can't force something that isn't supposed to be
Don't want to be that woman
Begging for a man who said I was enough but wasn't

Comments

Popular Posts