Only You

Seems that only you have me this way
In the position of you constantly on my mind
What kind of bull shit is this?!
Here I am thinking we were this "something"
Because clearly we fell far from nothing
And now here I stand, looking at the situation
Asking why
Why is it you couldn't answer any of my phone calls
What did I do to push you away
How could you do this to me
You played such a great game
And to think I actually joined in thinking you were real
What a great cover
Seems that only you have me this way
Listening to all your words and believing
What else is there to assume when you give me nothing
Here I am out on a limb
You got my nose wide open before the simple kiss
Like you the cocaine and I'm the addict whose craving
What a trip
To think you were the one who didn't want to get hurt
Look where the confusion fell
My fault to get so involved
My fault to expect so much
What the hell was I thinking
Well, now I know
Seems that only you have me this way
Too bad this had to be the lesson
But I had to learn, didn't I
That our something wouldn't be as easy as pie
I look at my phone with hope way way too much
Hope walked out the door long ago
And I stare, I wait, I anticipate
Did I scare you away
Or was it something I said
You sat there to feed me lies
Not realizing it but allowing myself to get excited too quickly
Let me know, let me go
I cherish the moments spent, the words passed through one another, the attraction that was so inevitable
Damn
Seems that only you have me this way
I have worn myself out with concern for you
We had no establishments, nothing concrete
But at what point did you decide to make me your target
Cause that's clearly how I feel- target practice
What exactly do you get from this
What sort of enjoyment comes of this
Wishes gripped in the palm of my fist
Nothing outlandish or ridiculous
But important enough to hold on to, at least for a little while
My hand has been dealt
I now no know nothing of anything to take care of this "situation"
Is it mine to fix
Seems that only you have me this way
The memory of what was is no longer crisp and clear
Now the stains that permanently braise it are obvious and runs deep like tattoo ink
Exhausting you are
You drain my energy
Why
Why couldn't you just tell me I was becoming old
Why couldn't you save me the restless nights spent waiting for you
Why couldn't you save me the effort and the time
Do you think it was really complicated to say
Have I ever made it difficult to express yourself or your thoughts
Bury me in my emotions
Shower me with my guilt
Then make me numb to disappointment
Because I'm tired
Seems that only you have me this way
Allow this
Allow me to some how forget the undemanding possibility of you
Allow me to go back before you were in my life
Allow me the ability to look at the sky without the thought of you
Allow me to wear white socks without looking "silly" as you would say
Allow myself a reminder of caution when pressing on to the next stage
Allow reality to take heavy hold and not let go
Allow this circumstance to mesh with my make-up so its no longer evident
Seems that only you have me this way
Should you or are you amazed at your capabilities
'Cause you see
Seems that only you have me this way
Only you

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
I’ve had many wishes, moments, and dreams with you and I want to continue having more.
In this picture yes we stare at each other often with frustration.
We pretend not to care but we do.
We search for new mates only to stumble on stalemates!
If fear is blind then we don’t know each other identity!
If we only had more time, if we only had more time!
But we do!
gigi

Popular Posts