One Day Soon

One day I will come
Will come from these prison walls
All of your demanding will have faded
Nothing will matter no more
After you see how I have conquered you I will break free
Your damaging rules and concrete restriction
Will crumble and fall at your feet
You will not win this victory
It was never yours to win
You sought to control my move
Your pride made you blind
Why would you try to tain a wild horse
You abuse me and stole my hope at times
Only at times, I remained in Faith
Happiness wet my face
Cause one day I know this pain will ceaseI will break all your fences
Even all the metal ones that you
That you so carefully welded
When I am good and ready
When I see the opportunity to leave
Leave this imprisonmentTarnished with pride, emptiness, and control
I will go, you will see no more
My freedom sings to meI hear it loud and clear
My voice will soon harmonize with the melody
And I will be goneGone from here

Comments

Popular Posts