False Sense

Open my legs to a false sense of love
To allow myself that moment of pleasure that would last me only for a little while
Senseless thinking led me into the possibility of having him in a more permanent way
But deeply knowing I'd be the one settling for something I naturally knew I didn't need
Or rather yet, something I knew I didn't ultimately desire, not with him
Not for the long time I wanted to spend my life and be happy with

Open my legs to a false sense of love
Thinking it and he would be something I could ultimately change because I wanted him
I wanted him to be for me knowing he wasn't, I still ignored all the obvious things
That would initially tell me to walk away
I wanted to be happy and I knew I was good enough for that
That was something anyone deserved... To be happy

Having him leave my body, I crawled into the smallest uncomfortable corner
Because after all, the love was false and my legs had remained open to that
Stupid me, so emotionally drained now from not having the real thing
Drained for trying to piece something together that wasn't supposed to be
But that was then, I'm a grown woman now and now know the difference

Comments

Popular Posts