Please, No Sorries

Please don't say you're sorry
For opening me up and leaving me undone
Your intent was genuine but not good enough
You continued with your promises
I became like the rest along with your next

Please don't say you're sorry
For treating me like I was the only one
Did everything to sooth and calm my emotions
Requested a quality of devotion and exclusivity
Knowing the risks I was taking
I still found a way to let you in

Please don't say you're sorry
For wanting to try again and make things new
I guess I got you through the some rough patches
We existed and grew into authenticity
For a period of time at least
Things have since been disregarded

Don't apologize for the love you didn't return
Or for becoming so abstracted that I hardly knew who you were
Perhaps you didn't have anymore love to give
If you say this, then maybe I could understand
But please keep your sorries
They are not mine to have


Comments

Popular Posts