When It's Real

Its been burning me up, this passion of mine. Everything in the past few months has been a drag. I want it so bad. My mentor on occasion has told me when you desire something with so much aggression, it will show. The journey to get there will seem tough, you'll find yourself becoming impatient and it will seem as though you never get there. My goal is simple, how to get there is simple, my connections are legit, everything is I suppose what it should be. But why in the hell does it have to burn me out. Of course I have the constant voice in the back of my head, "if the road isn't difficult, how do you learn to appreciate whats in store at the end of it?"

Being thankful. I've had my days of depression and disappointment. I've had more days of eagerness. But I push, and I've prevailed. I know in the end it will be okay. I have to remember that I have it better than some, no, not to assume that I am better than others, no... Its just means that I am blessed and in no way I should be complaining. I have the advantage to drive, go to school, have two jobs, and still make time for some kind of social life. I'm blessed! In some people's lives, their circumstances doesn't give them the advantage to do what I am doing. So I thank God every day.

When it's real. See, when it's real, I get tired, I cry, I become frustrated, I want to give up, I have headaches as big as Texas, I assume I'm stuck, and I feel I'm in constant slow motion. When it's real, life is hard, and the devil is always near and ready. The key though is not to give up. You see I know it's real because I can see my passion as clear as water. Its there right in front of me. I have to endure to appreciate the accomplished goal. And when I get there, it will be lovely and I will smile in all of the struggling that I had to go through and thank God for bringing to my rightful position. Its burning me up, this passion of mine. Its real, because I find myself in constant prayer. This is when its real.

My Passion. My passion is to fill my father's shoes. I want to be like him so much in the way that he has a great impact on people. Which I personally think already shows in me. My passion is Art, that's all. So simple, so complex, so filled with controversy, filled with ease; my passion is expressive and it gives me freedom. It makes me sing, it makes me glow, its makes me grow, it makes me to be the colorful individual that I am.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good words.
Anonymous said…
touching words, keep pushing.

1518

Popular Posts