#5- I wasn't finish Praying

It has become our mantra in most unvarying cases to pray between 0720 and 0736. At this time of morning he is on his way to work while I am just waking up or in the process of making the bed. I thought everything was going pretty well this morning until he did the unthinkable-

me- "Heavenly Father, thank you for all that you do for us though we may not deserve it. Thank you for allowing us to get up this morning with legs to walk, hands to touch, a mouth to speak and eyes to see your glorious creation and the life you continue to give. Please watch over us on the what may seem to be a stressful morning- another new day of a busy work week. Watch over those who are driving this morning. Give my honey and those around him traveling grace to and from their destinations. Look over our family and..."
him- Amen!
me- (appalled!) excuse me, did you just say Amen? I wasn't finished praying.
him- o you weren't? my bad, i thought you were done.
me- um no- i wasn't.
him- o, well, i'm sorry. I guess God was telling me to tell you to wrap it up, besides he knows the rest.
me- (lame!)
him- well baby, i'm at work any way so have a good day. i love you and i'll talk to you later
me- yeah yeah, i love you too. talk to you this afternoon. (Unforgivable)

(animal cracker stories)

Comments

Anonymous said…
for me this is one of the funniest yet, keep pushing, and keep writing these stories. these stories should provide comfort and laughter for self during the hard times.

15
18
Tomika Elise said…
Thank you Mr."Anonymous"
15
18
lol!
Anonymous said…
this is my favorite so far too.
and i love your new layout!
Tomika Elise said…
Thanks Danielle! Stay posted, I have much more coming!

Popular Posts