Let Me Be

Did you find what you were looking for
Made sure you had all of your facts together
Put your psychology voodoo on me
Catch me, Catch me in a lie
You read past what you really should
Finding clues to decipher this worded map
Can I just be who I am
Without questioning my reasoning
Why does it have to be about some one else
Should it always be untold stories
I provide you with enough to subside the hunger
Hunger and greed for assumption
Take things as they are
Respect my state of mind
Why should I have to explain whats
Behind the words that I write
Believe me, but you won't
Look at me normal, you can't
Tell me how should this be handled
Do I loose you over my sentiments
What law was made that I did not know
I provide you with what I want you to see
A helpless soul, a forgiving artist
Remove the spell of insecurities
Respect what I have to say
And if you disown me
How selfish that would be
Our friendship has no ground
I love you, forgiven you
False accusing, I've accepted
At times I've deserved
But not in such moments
Accept the half truths
Allow not all of our persistent means
Be in vain

Comments

Popular Posts