Come To Me

I miss you
We met in the park
I watched you as everyone around gave you admiration
I soon knew then I wouldn't be able to live without you
I remember when I used to listen to you on the front porch
You would speak to me
Present words that I understood
Presented words that changed my traditional perspectives
You read me like a book, knew me like the back of your hand
Your story, your rhyme was my story, and my rhyme
You are genuine and I embrace you like a mother to a child
Years flew by
You started to change or you became missing
Help me define which one
Folks take your name in vain
With little to no disregard
I'd get pissed and still do cause I wouldn't know what to do
I tried to preach it to the rest that you were real
They... they tarnish you and I can't shine as quick as the damage is being done
I remember everyone used to bob their heads
With the words that would come through from you
Tell it to the women who try to put you high with their clitoris handed to you on platters
That you don't need no one to put you on highs as such
Who needs a clit to make you who you are
Explain to them that a woman doesn't free herself in this way
Everyone does not deserve you
They do not know how to appreciate you as I do
What they will do is play you like bunnies
Mimic your words into "cute" little phrases
They will use you like condoms
They will try to fit you into satiety households and neighborhoods
What they know about you
Have they been where you have
Last time I remember, we were from the Big Apple
Last time I remember, we were on the corners preaching our word to the inner city ghetto black children
You made a difference in my life
I need you back here to balance me
Provide me with some kind of equilibrium
They don't know the meaning of you as I do
How they interpret you is their own ignorance
For they do not know
What they do now is make imitations of you
They would like it to be "fa real"
This whole thing is non-sense
Come to me
You amaze me
You fulfill me
You know me
There is a unconditional love I have for you
You make love to me without knowing
We make music
We make art
I will take you back home for you to be rejuvenated
Be wise with your time and burst out like you did on the block
You are my star
My life
My expression
You unfold my deepest crevice
You peel off all the layers of a doubtful me
Find your way back to me
To you...
Hip Hop

Comments

Anonymous said…
Blogless

I call myself anonymous but everyone knows me
What rhymes with me?........ Geez just forget and call me mind
See young lady I think about you all the time
You look at me and just about read my mind
So why would you want to censor me
I share my thoughts along with keeping it real; I’d say thats hard to find
Anytime I’ve said anything its not been to hurt but for you to exert

By: Mind
Tomika Elise said…
Mind, I love you for speaking your truth. Thank you for the various words you use to make your point in a cool way. Mind will find even the smallest ways to grab this Logan's attention.

Popular Posts