Everything Else

Forget about everything else
Nothing but you and I matter here
Push everything else out there in the atmosphere
There's no more holding your breath
Distractions have disappeared, now you can breathe
Unlike excitement and disappointment tugging for sides
I give you neither; I give you complacency
A place where I leave no room for you to worry or fear
And suppose those things existed
because it's only human that they do
I'd plant them in the flower pot in the window seal
along with the purple hyacinths
And wait for the buds to bloom something quiet and precious
And like a flower to the sun
I find myself addicted to your light
So leave everything else outside the door
While the stormy rain beats on the shutters
I'll provide you with the haven
The one that spells out Seven24o8ight

Comments

Popular Posts